Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stepping into tomorrow

It's been almost a month since I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, I realize that I have been grieving and have been working to move forward and learn to live again. After a few sessions with a psychotherapist (that is absolutely AMAZING!!!) I have started to feel like I'm coming to terms with my diagnosis and it's almost a relief. For so long I have felt lost in myself, never knowing what to expect, the constant swings, clinging to "normal" as if my life depended on it and slowly drowning when it slipped through my fingers. Today was the day I met with the Psychiatrist and began my first round of meds. I am terrified, there are so many unknowns, so many potential side affects. What if they don't work? What if they make it worse? I just took my first pill, two a day until they start working (or don't) and I'm on the road to finding myself again. Cheers to stepping into tomorrow, now if only I could go to sleep.

When your life travels a million miles a minute it's easy to miss the important stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment